Purchase Cost Specialist
When building bridges between sales and purchasing departments energizes you and are you a self-steering and pro-active potential? We would like to welcome you as an enthusiastic Purchase Cost Specialist who has the motivation to make a difference in our organization.
Improve the pricing of materials used in cost calculations for quotes towards our customers. This by verifying the quotes the commodity teams have gathered. The effort of this job should result in higher scores of our sales department in being awarded with sales orders for the quoted products.
The Purchase Cost Specialist is member of the Purchase Cost Control team and is as such responsible for the BOM (=Bill of Material) cost analysis and verification in the overall RFQ (=Request for Quotation) process.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Register the RFQ’s in the CONDB database and follow-up of the completion of the RFQ
- Execute a primary check on the data stored on the dedicated server location
- Analyze the validity of the components prices in the purchase database and fix/verify the valid prices in the RFQ-file or BomConnector Tool. The validity will be checked with regards to time-validity and quantity validity
- Analyze the prices not only with the prices in the SAP database for known components but have a focus on parallel RFQ’s in order to avoid multiple RFQ for identical components
- Send out a RFQ to the commodity teams for those items where price are not valid or cannot be fixed/verified anymore. The list of components will be completed with other commercial information such as total project quantity, order policies, total period of project, …
- Upon completion of the RFQ by the commodity teams, the purchase cost specialist will make a first evaluation of the received quotations and report to the commodity teams in case anomalies has been detected
- Check if procedures for cost drivers (80% value/ 3 competitive quotations/ project conditions/…) are met and in case shortcomings are noticed, the purchase cost specialist will return the RFQ to the concerned commodity team in order to enforce respect for the procedures
- If no anomalies are reported, the purchase cost specialist will summarize the RFQ and send back to the COCA-team so they can prepare a quotation to the customer
- Assist in making continuous evolution of the market prices by checking the product price variance tables and comparing these to best-in-class price performers
- Assist in defining the reports that might be needed from the purchase cost data base such as win/ lose rate, price reports between different actors
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree - preferably in electronical, industrial or commercial engineering.
- Minimum several years’ experience in an electronics procurement (related) role, which can be as a (logistic) buyer or project leader with good knowledge of electronic components and belonging prices
- Besides Dutch, used to communicate in the English language
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results in a busy, fast paced environment and ability to switch rapidly between tasks
- Understand technical issues/products, priorities and important issues from the project
- Available to work in a full time position of 40 hours per week
- Work experience in an international high tech environment
- SAP knowledge and experience
- MS Office knowledge and experience
Good communicator combined with a result driven, can do mentality. Proactive, customer focused and problem solving team player who creates strong commitment with internal stakeholders.
Context of position
To serve 4 Business Units in several countries we are looking for a Purchase Cost Control Specialist, which will be located in the Veldhoven office.
The Purchase Cost Specialist is part of the Purchase Cost Control Team and reports to the Purchase Cost Control Team Leader. The position is in a team of 4 professionals. The Purchase Cost Control team is reporting to the Chief Purchasing Officer as part of the management team.
We offer a unique opportunity for a passionate employee who gets challenged by the flexibility of a fast growing international company. Connect Group offers competitive conditions in relationship to your knowledge and experience level.
Please fill the form below and we contact you as soon as possible.