Business Development Manager
ARE YOU OUR NEW COMMERCIAL FORCE? You can work from our office in Kampenhout and/or Ieper.
- Do you like industrial customers?
- Do you have technical commercial experience in a B2B environment?
- Would you like to work independently in an international environment?
3 times yes?
We promise you
- That you will have broad commercial responsibilities in a growing, international environment
- That you can develop interesting long-term relationships with diverse clients
- That you are always welcome in the (Kampenhout and Ypres) office, but that you will also often be on the road and can work from your home office depending on the tasks at hand
- A hands-on culture where everyone is easily approachable, including the management team
- That you will receive a competitive salary including a company car with a European fuel card, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance and 12 ADV days (= holidays as part of working hours reduction)
- An intensive coaching period so that you can settle in completely
- Due to the rapid growth of our organisation, there are long-term career opportunities
A day in the life of a Business Development Manager
- You start your working day between 8 and 9 am and organise your day as efficiently as possible. You research industrial customers who have a purchasing department in Belgium so that you can add new prospects to your list. There may also be international customers in your portfolio. This is limited but can be reduced or expanded if required
- You will also be assigned a list of existing customers and contacts that you will develop further
- Based on the list of suspects, prospects and existing customers, you make a planning so that you can work on these contacts. You book a few appointments in your agenda, after having checked the status of outstanding orders and the last contacts with those customers
- You see that there is an upcoming trade fair abroad where several customers will be present. You plan that international business trip in consultation with the Business Unit Manager
- You have a conversation with an important customer and ask about their experiences but also what their plans are for 2023 and beyond. This allows you to anticipate possible customer needs and link them to the technical expertise within Connect Group. Thinking along with the client feeds the partnership you enter into with them
- You consult with the Business Unit Manager to whom you report to make sure you have all the up-to-date information on the approach to those business activities
You are our 'missing link' if you recognise yourself in the following
- You have a deep interest in the technical side of things combined with commercial skills
- You are energised by negotiations in an international context
- Besides an excellent knowledge of Dutch, you have a very good knowledge of French and English, both written and spoken. You can negotiate in those languages
- You are an expert in analysing market data
- You think in a solution-oriented way
- You have a driving licence B
- Knowledge and or experience in the world of subcontracting is an asset
Ready to go?
Apply by using the link.
"At Connect Group, the employee is highly valued and flexibility is key."